The following is our Sessions:
Short Day Kindergarten
Short day sessions are 15 hours per week.
The 2020 timetable is be subject to enrolment numbers and will be confirmed as soon as possible.
The 2019 timetable was structured with
3 x 5hr sessions, or,
2 x 4hr sessions, plus 1 x 7hr hour session
Long Day Kindergarten
- Long day sessions include before and after care, meaning children can attend 7.30AM—6.00PM, two days a week.
- The days for the 2020 timetable is subject to family preferences and will be confirmed as soon as possible.
- Please mark your preferences below, rating 1-5 where 1 is the most desirable and 5 is the least desirable. If you cannot attend days please place a cross.
See enrollments section for forms and further details
Why should I choose the long day care kindergarten program?
In 1993 Golden Square Kindergarten families requested that we implement sessions that catered for working families. The children of these parents had been attending the same crèche since birth and they felt that they would benefit from attending a new setting with new equipment, new staff, new peers and new expectations.
In 1994 we had 12 children participate in our long-day program. Due to our community’s need we now provide long-day kindergarten to our families.
Our Sessional Kindergarten plus care program provides families who have work or study commitments with an opportunity that meets their needs as well as the needs of their children.
Compared to a creche environment, the Golden Square Kindergarten long-day offers:
- Large rooms and gardens
- Equipment and resources which are all geared to four and five year olds. (Unlike crèches where resources must be purchased for children aged 0 to 5 years).
These resources provide new challenges and choices to extend on children’s skills and interests.
- Double staff/educator ratios.
We have one teacher, one diploma and two assistants in short day sessions, two teachers one diploma and four assistants on long days. This increased staffing provides more opportunities for individual and group programming, Including: music, technology, arts & crafts, safety programs, environmental programs, daily obstacle course, You can Do It program, the RULER Approach, personal safety program, indigenous education and experience of other cultures from around the world.