We are pleased to announce that Golden Square Kindergarten has been assessed and rated against the seven Quality Areas of the National Quality Standard and the Education and Care Services National Regulations. We received an overall rating of ‘Exceeding’ by being rated ‘Exceeding’ in all seven areas in October 2017. The assessment and rating process aims to drive continuous quality improvement for services and provide families with better information for making choices about their children’s education and care. The overall rating for a service is determined by the combination of the ratings achieved in each Quality Area.
Standards ensure the quality of the education we provide to your children.
Kindergartens are measured according to the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Assessment is undertaken by agencies in each state. In Victoria we are assessed by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
The kindergarten is assessed in seven quality areas. Results for Golden Square Kindergarten, and for other preschool providers, can be viewed on the MyChild website.
Results from the most recent assessment (June 2013):
Quality area – Rating
- Educational program and practice – Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Children’s health and safety – Meeting National Quality Standard
- Physical environment – Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Staffing arrangements – Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Relationships with children – Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Meeting National Quality Standard
- Leadership and service management – Meeting National Quality Standard